Southern Farmers Exposure To Income Risk Under The 1996 Farm Bill
AbstractArguably, since the 1930s, what farmers produced has been markedly influenced by farm programs. The 1996 farm bill affects farmers in terms of what they produce and their level of risk exposure. This paper investigates the farm level impacts of the 1996 farm bill on the South. Focus group perceptions of risk sources, observed acreage changes, and the farm level impact of increased price risk are evaluated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Texas A&M University, Agricultural and Food Policy Center in its series Working Papers with number 24025.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 450 Blocker Building, 2124 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-2124
Phone: (979) 845-5913
Fax: (979) 845-3140
Web page: http://www.afpc.tamu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Agricultural and Food Policy; Agricultural Finance;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richardson, James W. & Nixon, Clair J., 1982. "Producer'S Preference For A Cotton Farmer Owned Reserve: An Application Of Simulation And Stochastic Dominance," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 7(01), July.
- Weiss, Christoph R. & Briglauer, Wolfgang, 2000.
"Determinants and Dynamics of Farm Diversification,"
FE Working Papers
0002, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Food Economics and Consumption Studies.
- Weiss, Christoph R. & Briglauer, Wolfgang, 2002. "Determinants and Dynamics of Farm Diversification," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24929, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Elanor Starmer, Aimee Witteman and Timothy A. Wise, . "06-03 "Feeding the Factory Farm: Implicit Subsidies to the Broiler Chicken Industry"," GDAE Working Papers 06-03, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Lien, Gudbrand, 2003. "Assisting whole-farm decision-making through stochastic budgeting," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 399-413, May.
- Lien, Gudbrand D., 2002. "Assisting Whole-Farm Decision-Making Through Stochastic Budgeting," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24903, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lien, Gudbrand D., 2002. "Assisting Whole-Farm Decision-Making through Stochastic Budgeting," 13th Congress, Wageningen, The Netherlands, July 7-12, 2002 6950, International Farm Management Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.