Advanced Search
MyIDEAS: Login

Representative Farms Economic Outlook for the December 2005 FAPRI/AFPC Baseline

Contents:

Author Info

  • Richardson, James W.
  • Outlaw, Joe L.
  • Anderson, David P.
  • Knapek, George M.
  • Raulston, J. Marc
  • Herbst, Brian K.
  • Sartwelle, James D., III
  • Schwart, Robert B., Jr.
  • Feldman, Paul A.
  • Klose, Steven L.

Abstract

The Agricultural and Food Policy Center (AFPC) at Texas A&M University develops and maintains data to simulate 102 representative crop and livestock operations in major production areas in 28 states. The chief purpose of this analysis is to project those farms’ economic viability for 2005 through 2011. The data necessary to simulate the economic activity of these operations is developed through ongoing cooperation with panels of agricultural producers in each of these states. The Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) provided projected prices, policy variables, and input inflation rates in their December 2005 Baseline. Under the December 2005 Baseline, 12 of the 66 crop farms are considered in good liquidity condition (less than a 25 percent chance of negative ending cash during 2005-2011). Five crop farms have between a 25 percent and a 50 percent likelihood of negative ending cash. The remaining 49 crop farms have greater than a 50 percent of negative ending cash. Additionally, 22 of the 66 crop farms are considered in good equity position (less than a 25 percent chance of decreasing real net worth during 2005-2011). Ten crop farms have between a 25 percent and 50 percent likelihood of losing real net worth, and 34 crop farms have greater than a 50 percent probability of decreasing real net worth.

Download Info

If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
File URL: http://purl.umn.edu/42105
Download Restriction: no

Bibliographic Info

Paper provided by Texas A&M University, Agricultural and Food Policy Center in its series Briefing Series with number 42105.

as in new window
Length:
Date of creation: Dec 2005
Date of revision:
Handle: RePEc:ags:tamfbs:42105

Contact details of provider:
Postal: 450 Blocker Building, 2124 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-2124
Phone: (979) 845-5913
Fax: (979) 845-3140
Email:
Web page: http://www.afpc.tamu.edu/
More information through EDIRC

Related research

Keywords: Agribusiness; Agricultural and Food Policy; Crop Production/Industries; Livestock Production/Industries;

Other versions of this item:

References

No references listed on IDEAS
You can help add them by filling out this form.

Citations

Lists

This item is not listed on Wikipedia, on a reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.

Statistics

Access and download statistics

Corrections

When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:tamfbs:42105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.

For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).

If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.

If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.

If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.

If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.

Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.