Evaluating the Interaction between Farm Programs with Crop Insurance and Producers' Risk Preferences
AbstractA stochastic simulation model is used to simulate crop revenues net of farm policy and crop insurance costs. Certainty equivalent analysis is used to rank farm policy and crop insurance alternatives for varying levels of risk aversion.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its series 2013 AAEA: Crop Insurance and the Farm Bill Symposium, October 8-9, Louisville, KY with number 156753.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
farm management; risk management; Farm Management; Risk and Uncertainty;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-10-18 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2013-10-18 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2013-10-18 (Risk Management)
- NEP-UPT-2013-10-18 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allan W. Gray & Michael D. Boehlje & Brent A. Gloy & Stephen P. Slinsky, 2004. "How U.S. Farm Programs and Crop Revenue Insurance Affect Returns to Farm Land," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 238-253.
- Anderson, John D. & Harri, Ardian & Coble, Keith H., 2009. "Techniques for Multivariate Simulation from Mixed Marginal Distributions with Application to Whole-Farm Revenue Simulation," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(1), April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.