Trade Policy, Food Price Variability, And The Vulnerability Of Low-Income Households
AbstractWe utilize a global trade model to generate distributions of commodity and factor prices based on observed uncertainty in rice production. This is done for three trade policy regimes. We then assess their impact on domestic price variability and the likelihood of marginal households falling into poverty in four countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL with number 20692.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Food Security and Poverty; International Relations/Trade;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rutten, Martine & Shutes, Lindsay & Meijerink, Gerdien, 2013.
"Sit down at the ball game: How trade barriers make the world less food secure,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-10.
- Rutten, Martine M. & Chant, Lindsay J. & Meijerink, Gerdien W., 2011. "Sit down at the ball game: how trade barriers make the world less food secure," MPRA Paper 30354, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rutten, Martine & Meijerink, Gerdien W. & Chant, Lindsay, 2011. "Sit down at the ballgame: How trade barriers make the world less food secure," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114653, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Diao, Xinshen & Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Robinson, Sherman & Orden, David, 2005. "Tell me where it hurts, an' I'll tell you who to call," MTID discussion papers 84, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Abdel Karim, Imad Eldin Elfadil & Abler, David G., 2008. "Implications of a Doha Agreement on Agricultural Markets in Sudan," Working Papers 37918, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Reimer, Jeffrey J. & Valenzuela, Ernesto, 2003. "Incorporating Commodity Stockholding Behavior Into A Short-Run General Equilibrium Model Of The Global Economy," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22110, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Boussard, Jean-Marc & Gerard, Francoise & Piketty, Marie-Gabrielle & Christensen, Ane-Katrine & Voituriez, Tancrede, 2003.
"May The Pro-Poor Impacts Of Trade Liberalization Vanish Because Of Imperfect Information ?,"
2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa
25849, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Boussard, J.M. & Gerard, F. & Piketty, M.G. & Christensen, A.K. & Voituriez, T., 2004. "May the pro-poor impacts of trade liberalisation vanish because of imperfect information?," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 297-305, December.
- Liang, Zhicheng, 2006. "Threshold Estimation on the Globalization-Poverty Nexus: Evidence from China," Working Paper Series RP2006/57, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.