On covariation estimation for multivariate continuous Itô semimartingales with noise in non-synchronous observation schemes
AbstractThis paper presents a Hayashi-Yoshida type estimator for the covariation matrix of continuous Itô semimartingales observed with noise. The coordinates of the multivariate process are assumed to be observed at highly frequent nonsynchronous points. The estimator of the covariation matrix is designed via a certain combination of the local averages and the Hayashi-Yoshida estimator. Our method does not require any synchronization of the observation scheme (as e.g. previous tick method or refreshing time method) and it is robust to some dependence structure of the noise process. We show the associated central limit theorem for the proposed estimator and provide a feasible asymptotic result. Our proofs are based on a blocking technique and a stable convergence theorem for semimartingales. Finally, we show simulation results for the proposed estimator to illustrate its finite sample properties.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus in its series CREATES Research Papers with number 2011-53.
Date of creation: 02 Dec 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/
central limit theorem; Hayashi-Yoshida estimator; high frequency observations; Itô semimartingale; pre-averaging; stable convergence.;
Other versions of this item:
- Christensen, Kim & Podolskij, Mark & Vetter, Mathias, 2013. "On covariation estimation for multivariate continuous Itô semimartingales with noise in non-synchronous observation schemes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 59-84.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yuta Koike, 2013. "Limit Theorems for the Pre-averaged Hayashi-Yoshida Estimator with Random Sampling," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd12-276, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Markus Bibinger & Lars Winkelmann, 2013. "Econometrics of co-jumps in high-frequency data with noise," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-021, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Markus Bibinger & Nikolaus Hautsch & Peter Malec & Markus Reiss, 2013. "Estimating the Quadratic Covariation Matrix from Noisy Observations: Local Method of Moments and Efficiency," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-017, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Markus Bibinger & Per A. Mykland, 2013. "Inference for Multi-Dimensional High-Frequency Data: Equivalence of Methods, Central Limit Theorems, and an Application to Conditional Independence Testing," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-006, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.