Generalized Jackknife Estimators of Weighted Average Derivatives
AbstractWith the aim of improving the quality of asymptotic distributional approximations for nonlinear functionals of nonparametric estimators, this paper revisits the large-sample properties of an important member of that class, namely a kernel-based weighted average derivative estimator. Asymptotic linearity of the estimator is established under weak conditions. Indeed, we show that the bandwidth conditions employed are necessary in some cases. A bias-corrected version of the estimator is proposed and shown to be asymptotically linear under yet weaker bandwidth conditions. Consistency of an analog estimator of the asymptotic variance is also established. To establish the results, a novel result on uniform convergence rates for kernel estimators is obtained.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus in its series CREATES Research Papers with number 2011-12.
Date of creation: 08 Apr 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/
Semiparametric estimation; bias correction; uniform consistency.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ang, Andrew & Kristensen, Dennis, 2012.
"Testing conditional factor models,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 132-156.
- Dennis Kristensen & Andrew Ang, 2009. "Testing Conditional Factor Models," CREATES Research Papers 2009-09, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Andrew Ang & Dennis Kristensen, 2011. "Testing Conditional Factor Models," NBER Working Papers 17561, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mammen, Enno & Rothe, Christoph & Schienle, Melanie, 2011.
"Semiparametric Estimation with Generated Covariates,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6084, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Enno Mammen & Christoph Rothe & Melanie Schienle, 2011. "Semiparametric Estimation with Generated Covariates," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-064, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Rothe, Christoph & Firpo, Sergio, 2013.
"Semiparametric estimation and inference using doubly robust moment conditions,"
Textos para discussÃ£o
330, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Rothe, Christoph & Firpo, Sergio, 2013. "Semiparametric Estimation and Inference Using Doubly Robust Moment Conditions," IZA Discussion Papers 7564, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.