Report NEP-URE-2013-08-05This is the archive for NEP-URE, a report on new working papers in the area of Urban & Real Estate Economics. Steve Ross issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Thor Berger & Kerstin Enflo, 2013. "Locomotives of Local Growth: The Short- and Long-Term Impact of Railroads in Sweden," Working Papers, European Historical Economics Society (EHES) 0042, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Montañés, Antonio & Olmos, Lorena, 2013. "Convergence in US house prices," MPRA Paper 48454, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eric Parsons, 2013. "The Icarus Syndrome: Why Do Some High Flyers Soar While Others Fall?," Working Papers, Department of Economics, University of Missouri 1308, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Thomas K. Bauer & Sebastian Braun & Michael Kvasnicka, 2013. "Distant Event, Local Effects? Fukushima and the German Housing Market," Kiel Working Papers, Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1857, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Thurston Domina & Emily K. Penner & Hilary W. Hoynes, 2013. "Distributional Effects of a School Voucher Program: Evidence from New York City," NBER Working Papers 19271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bengi Yanik Ilhan & Sumru Oz, 2013. "Transition to Higher Education Examination Outcomes: Does High School Matter?," KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum 1316, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Elizabeth Beasley & Elise Huillery, 2013. "School Resources, Behavioral Responses and School Quality: Short-Term Experimental Evidence from Niger," Sciences Po publications, Sciences Po info:hdl:2441/7o52iohb7k6, Sciences Po.
- Yolanda K. Kodrzycki & Ana Patricia Muñoz, 2013. "Economic distress and resurgence in U.S. central cities: concepts, causes, and policy levers," Public Policy Discussion Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston 13-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Alicia N. Rambaldi & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2013. "Econometric Modeling and Estimation of Theoretically Consistent Housing Price Indexes," CEPA Working Papers Series, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia WP042013, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Brian C. Cadena & Brian K. Kovak, 2013. "Immigrants Equilibrate Local Labor Markets: Evidence from the Great Recession," NBER Working Papers 19272, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Partridge, Mark & Rickman, Dan & Tan, Ying & Olfert, M. Rose, 2013. "U.S. Regional Poverty Post-2000: The Lost Decade," MPRA Paper 48528, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahamada, Ibrahim & Diaz Sanchez, Jose Luis, 2013. "A retrospective analysis of the house prices macro-relationship in the United States," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 6549, The World Bank.
- Zhiming Cheng & Russell Smyth & Haining Wang, 2013. "Housing and Subjective Wellbeing in Urban China," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series, Monash University, Department of Economics 39-13, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- David Cuberes, 2013. "Are Internet and Face-to-Face Contacts Complements or Substitutes? Evidence from Internet Traffic between Cities," Working Papers, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics 2013010, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Fosgerau, Mogens & Lindsey, Robin, 2013. "Trip-timing decisions with traffic incidents," MPRA Paper 48708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rajshri Vaishnav, 2013. "Learning Style and Academic Achievement of Secondary School Students," Working papers, Voice of Research 2013-5-1, Voice of Research.
- Liang Choon Wang, 2013. "The deadly effect of high-stakes testing on teenagers with reference-dependent preferences," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series, Monash University, Department of Economics 40-13, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Fosgerau, Mogens & Frejinger, Emma & Karlstrom, Anders, 2013. "A link based network route choice model with unrestricted choice set," MPRA Paper 48707, University Library of Munich, Germany.