Report NEP-POL-2008-11-18This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Marcos Chamon & João Manoel Pinho de Mello & Sergio Firpo, 2008. "Electoral rules, political competition and fiscal spending : regression discontinuity evidence from Brazilian municipalities," Textos para discussÃ£o 559, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Khemani, Stuti & Wane, Waly, 2008. "Populist fiscal policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4762, The World Bank.
- David Hugh-Jones, 2008. "Explaining Institutional Change: Why Elected Politicians Implement Direct Democracy," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-085, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Gupta, Sonam & Innes, Robert, 2008. "Determinants and Impact of Private Politics: An Empirical Analysis," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6238, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jula, Dorin, 2008. "Economic Impact of Political Cycles – The Relevance of European experinces for Romania," Working Papers of Institute for Economic Forecasting 081101, Institute for Economic Forecasting.
- Luigi Maregno & Corrado Pasquali, 2008. "A computational voting model," LEM Papers Series 2008/24, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- László Á. Kóczy, 2008. "Strategic power indices: Quarrelling in coalitions," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0820, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Alessandra Casella, 2008. "Storable Votes and Agenda Order Control. Theory and Experiments," NBER Working Papers 14487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Innes, Robert & Mitra, Arnab, 2008. "Does Politics Matter in EPA's Monitoring Activities? Evidence from Facility Level Data on Enforcement of Clean Air Laws," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6128, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).