Report NEP-POL-2008-07-30This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Andrew Leigh & Tirta Susilo, 2008. "Is Voting Skin-Deep? Estimating the Effect of Candidate Ballot Photographs on Election Outcomes," CEPR Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University 583, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Item repec:pra:mprapa:9642 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Akarca, Ali T., 2008. "Inter-party vote movements in Turkey between 1999 and 2002: A statistical analysis using cross-provincial election data," MPRA Paper 9627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Conconi, Paola & Sahuguet, Nicolas & Zanardi, Maurizio, 2008. "Democratic Peace and Electoral Accountability¤," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 6908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Item repec:pse:psecon:2008-39 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Patrawart, Kraiyos, 2008. "Can Equality in Education Be A New Anti-Corruption Tool?: Cross-Country Evidence (1990-2005)," MPRA Paper 9665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Justina AV Fischer & Antonio Rodriguez-Andrés, 2008. "Political institutions and suicide: A regional analysis of Switzerland," TWI Research Paper Series, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz 33, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Christopher Lord, 2008. "Some indicators of the democratic performance of the European Union and how they might relate to the RECON models," RECON Online Working Papers Series, RECON 11, RECON.
- Item repec:pse:psecon:2008-36 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Peter Grajzl & Peter Murrell, 2008. "Fostering Civil Society to Build Institutions: Why and When," Electronic Working Papers, University of Maryland, Department of Economics 08-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- Martin Halla & Friedrich Schneider & Alexander Wagner, 2008. "Satisfaction with Democracy and Collective Action Problems: The Case of the Environment," Economics working papers, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria 2008-08, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Pivato, Marcus, 2008. "The geometry of consistent majoritarian judgement aggregation," MPRA Paper 9608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keith Blackburn & Gonzalo F. Forgues-Puccio, 2008. "Financial Liberalisation, Bureaucratic Corruption and Economic Development," Development Research Working Paper Series, Institute for Advanced Development Studies 06/2008, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2008. "Citizenship in the United States: The Roles of Immigrant Characteristics and Country of Origin," IZA Discussion Papers 3596, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).