Report NEP-POL-2008-03-25This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Susumu Imai & Hajime Katayama & Kala Krishna, 2008. "A Quantile-based Test of Protection for Sale Model," NBER Working Papers 13900, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susumu Imai & Hajime Katayama & Kala Krishna, 2008. "Is Protection Really for Sale? A Survey and Directions for Future Research," NBER Working Papers 13899, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Ticchi, Davide & Vindigni, Andrea, 2008. "A Theory of Military Dictatorships," IZA Discussion Papers 3392, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pablo Amoros, 2008. "Unequivocal Majority and Maskin-Monotonicity," Working Papers 2008-3, Universidad de Málaga, Department of Economic Theory, Málaga Economic Theory Research Center.
- Ticchi, Davide & Vindigni, Andrea, 2008. "War and Endogenous Democracy," IZA Discussion Papers 3397, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- James M. Snyder, Jr. & David Strömberg, 2008. "Press Coverage and Political Accountability," NBER Working Papers 13878, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Akramov, Kamiljon T. & Qureshi, Sarfraz & Birner, Regina & Khan, Bilal Hasan, 2008. "Decentralization, local government elections and voter turnout in Pakistan:," IFPRI discussion papers 754, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ziya Önis & Fikret Senses, 2007. "Global Dynamics, Domestic Coalitions and a Reactive State: Major Policy Shifts in Post-War Turkish Economic Development," ERC Working Papers 0706, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Sep 2007.
- Prashanth Mahagaonkar, 2008. "Corruption and Innovation: A Grease or Sand relationship?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-017, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Mikhail Drugov, 2007. "Competition in Bureaucracy and Corruption," Economics Series Working Papers 369, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Andrea Goldstein & Federica Marzo, 2007. "Politics in Africa in 2006: Fewer Bullets, More Ballots?," OECD Development Centre Policy Insights 45, OECD Publishing.
- Dimitra Petropoulou & Mirabelle Muuls, 2007. "A Swing-State Theory of Trade Protection in the Electoral College," Economics Series Working Papers 372, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Risse & Jana Katharina Grabowsky, 2008. "European Identity Formation in the Public Sphere and in Foreign Policy," RECON Online Working Papers Series 4, RECON.
- Schiffer, Eva, 2007. "The power mapping tool: A method for the empirical research of power relations," IFPRI discussion papers 703, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hatipoglu, Ozan & Ozbek, Gulenay, 2008. "On the Political Economy of the Informal Sector and Income Redistribution," MPRA Paper 7857, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ascensión Andina-Díaz, 2008. "Media bias and electoral competition," Working Papers 2008-6, Universidad de Málaga, Department of Economic Theory, Málaga Economic Theory Research Center.
- John Duggan & César Martinelli, 2008. "The Role of Media Slant in Elections and Economics," Wallis Working Papers WP54, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.