Report NEP-HIS-2011-09-16This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- David Chilosi & Tommy E. Murphy & Roman Studer, 2011. "Europe’s Many Integrations: Geography and Grain Markets, 1620-1913," Working Papers 412, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Dora Costa, 2011. "Leaders: Privilege, Sacrifice, Opportunity and Personnel Economics in the American Civil War," NBER Working Papers 17382, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Galo Nuño & Pedro Tedde & Alessio Moro, 2011. "Money dynamics with multiple banks of issue: evidence from Spain 1856-1874," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 1119, Banco de Espa�a.
- R. Mark R. Isaac & Douglas A. Norton, 2011. "Just the Facts Ma'am: A Case Study of the Reversal of Corruption in the Los Angeles Police Department," Working Papers wp2011_08_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Marta Juanita Villaveces Niño & Paul Rodríguez Lesmes, 2011. "El imaginario de la crisis: caricatura económica en Colombia en época de la gran depresión," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 008942, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Waidlein, Nicole, 2011. "Causes of persistent productivity differences in the West German states in the period from 1950 to 1990," FZID Discussion Papers 29-2011, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Jeremy Barofsky & Claire Chase & Tobenna Anekwe & Farshad Farzadfar, 2011. "The Economic Effects of Malaria Eradication: Evidence from an Intervention in Uganda," PGDA Working Papers 7011, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Wolz, Axel, 2011. "Institutional change of the agricultural administration and rural associations in East Germany before and after unification," IAMO Discussion Papers 136, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Keith R. Phillips & James Nordlund & Roberto Coronado, 2011. "Factors behind the convergence of economic performance across U.S. states," Working Papers 1108, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Escañuela Romana, Ignacio, 2011.
"Evidencia empírica sobre la predictibilidad de los ciclos bursátiles: el comportamiento del índice Dow Jones Industrial Average en las crisis bursátiles de 1929, 1987 y 2997
[Empirical evidence," MPRA Paper 33150, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hălăngescu, Constantin I., 2011.
"Provocări și tendințe ale învățămantului superior în contextul globalizării (literature review)
[Higher education’s challenges and trends in the context of globalization(literature revie," MPRA Paper 33269, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael D. Bordo & Agnieszka Markiewicz & Lars Jonung, 2011. "A Fiscal Union for the Euro: Some Lessons from History," NBER Working Papers 17380, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yun Kim, 2011. "A Short Empirical Note on Household Debt, Financialization, and Macroeconomic Performance," Working Papers 1107, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- Lupa Ramadhani & Jennifer Todd & Patrick Paul Walsh, 2011. "Patterns of Conflict in the Great Lakes Region," Working Papers 201118, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Oliver Falck & Christina Guenther & Stephan Heblich & William R. Kerr, 2011. "From Russia with Love: The Impact of Relocated Firms on Incumbent Survival," SERC Discussion Papers 0088, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Herman O. Stekler & Raj M. Talwar, 2011. "Economic Forecasting in the Great Recession," Working Papers 2011-005, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting.
- Michael D Bordo & Owen F Humpage & Anna J Schwartz, 2011. "The Federal Reserve as an informed foreign-exchange trader: 1973-1995," Working Paper 1118, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- John R. Graham & Sonali Hazarika & Krishnamoorthy Narasimhan, 2011. "Corporate Governance, Debt, and Investment Policy during the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 17387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Monojit Chatterji & Stephen Devlin, 2011. "How Heavy Is A Job?: A Critical Survey of Job Evaluation as a Payment Device," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 259, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- John R. Graham & Sonali Hazarika & Krishnamoorthy Narasimhan, 2011. "Financial Distress in the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 17388, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stocchetti, Andrea & Scattola, Elena, 2011. "Supply chain management in industrial production. A retrospective view," MPRA Paper 33094, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gaoussou Diarra & Patrick Plane, 2011. "Assessing the World Bank's influence on the good governance paradigm," Working Papers halshs-00617576, HAL.
- McKenzie, David J. & Özler, Berk, 2011. "The Impact of Economics Blogs," CEPR Discussion Papers 8558, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.