Provocări și tendințe ale învățămantului superior în contextul globalizării (literature review)
[Higher education’s challenges and trends in the context of globalization(literature review)]
AbstractThis paper examines some aspects of current debates about what the XXI century’s University represents in the context of the globalized society, with particular emphasis on the concepts, perspectives and trends that occur worldwide. higher education is facing the changing society’s pressing needs, hence the need for continuous adaptation by adopting evernew methods to cope with the irreversible process of internationalization and globalization. higher education plays a major role in the transition from an industrial to a knowledge-based society. This research literature aims to study the globalization-university relationship, the higher education’s transnationalization through internationalization, as seen by the researchers in the field.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 33269.
Date of creation: 09 Sep 2011
Date of revision:
globalization; internalization; higher education; EMG; TNA; knowledge-based society; regionalization; glocalization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I29 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Other
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education and Research Institutions
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- F29 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.