Report NEP-FOR-2008-01-05This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ralph D. Snyder & Adrian Beaumont, 2007. "A Comparison of Methods for Forecasting Demand for Slow Moving Car Parts," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics 15/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Turgut Kisinbay, 2007. "The Use of Encompassing Tests for Forecast Combinations," IMF Working Papers 07/264, International Monetary Fund.
- Altavilla, Carlo & Ciccarelli, Matteo, 2007. "Information combination and forecast (st)ability evidence from vintages of time-series data," Working Paper Series, European Central Bank 0846, European Central Bank.
- Abdou KÃ¢ Diongue & Dominique GuÃ©gan & Bertrand Vignal, 2007. "Forecasting electricity spot market prices with a k-factor GIGARCH process," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne b07058, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Nov 2009.
- D''Agostino, Antonello & Giannone, Domenico & Surico, Paolo, 2007. "(Un)Predictability and Macroeconomic Stability," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 6594, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Berger, Helge & Ã–sterholm, PÃ¤r, 2007. "Does Money Growth Granger-Cause Inflation in the Euro Area? Evidence from Out-of-Sample Forecasts Using Bayesian VARs," Working Paper Series, Uppsala University, Department of Economics 2007:30, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Caio Almeida & Romeu Gomes & AndrÃ© Leite & JosÃ© Vicente, 2007. "Does Curvature Enhance Forecasting?," Working Papers Series, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department 155, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Tobias Knedlik & Rolf Scheufele, 2007. "Three methods of forecasting currency crises: Which made the run in signaling the South African currency crisis of June 2006?," IWH Discussion Papers, Halle Institute for Economic Research 17, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael Woodford, 2007. "Forecast Targeting as a Monetary Policy Strategy: Policy Rules in Practice," NBER Working Papers 13716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- GarcÃa, Juan Angel & Manzanares, AndrÃ©s, 2007. "Reporting biases and survey results: evidence from European professional forecasters," Working Paper Series, European Central Bank 0836, European Central Bank.