Report NEP-EDU-2011-01-23This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Antonio Di Paolo, 2010. "School Composition Effects in Spain," Working Papers XREAP2010-13, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2010.
- Stephen Gibbons & Olmo Silva & Felix Weinhardt, 2010. "Do Neighbours Affect Teenage Outcomes? Evidence from Neighbourhood Changes in England," SERC Discussion Papers 0063, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Luciano Canova & Alessandro Vaglio, 2010. "Why do educated mothers matter? A model of parental help," Working Papers XREAP2010-17, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2010.
- Åslund, Olof & Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter & Grönqvist, Hans, 2010. "Peers, neighborhoods and immigrant student achievement - evidence from a placement policy," Working Paper Series 10/2010, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Veruska Oppedisano & Gilberto Turati, 2010. "What are the causes of educational inequalities and of their evolution over time in Europe? Evidence from PISA," Working Papers XREAP2010-16, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2010.
- Kemptner, Daniel & Jürges, Hendrik & Reinhold, Steffen, 2010. "Changes in Compulsory Schooling and the Causal Effect of Education on Health: Evidence from Germany," MEA discussion paper series 10200, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Kato, Masatoshi & Odagiri, Hiroyuki, 2010. "Development of University Life-Science Programs and University-Industry Joint Research in Japan," CEI Working Paper Series 2010-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Bonikowska, Aneta Hou, Feng Picot, Garnett, 2011. "Do Highly Educated Immigrants Perform Differently in the Canadian and U.S. Labour Markets?," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2011329e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Dominik Becker, 2010. "The Impact of Teachers' Expectations on Students' Educational Opportunities in the Life Course," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 01-07, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Vassilis Tselios, 2011. "Welfare regimes and the incentives to work and get educated," Working Papers 2011-01, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Okunade, Albert A. & Wunnava, Phanindra V., 2011. "Alumni Giving of Business Executives to the Alma Mater: Panel Data Evidence at a Large Metropolitan Research University," IZA Discussion Papers 5428, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cho, Hyunkuk, 2011. "Birth Order and Education: Evidence from a Korean Cohort," MPRA Paper 28028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tahvanainen, Antti-Jussi & Nikulainen, Tuomo, 2011. "Commercialization at Finnish Universities - Researchers Perspectives on the Motives and Challenges of Turning Science into Business," Discussion Papers 1234, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Claudia PIGINI, 2011. "The Determinants of University Students Success: a Bivariate Latent Variable Model," Working Papers 354, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Sprietsma, Maresa, 2010. "Explaining the persisting mathematics test score gap between boys and girls," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-101, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Anindya Sen & Marcel-Cristian Voia & Frances R. Woolley, 2010. "Hot or Not: How Appearance Affects Earnings and Productivity in Academia," Carleton Economic Papers 10-07, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Steffes, Susanne & Strittmatter, Anthony, 2010. "Return-to-job during and after maternity leave," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-103, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.