Report NEP-AFR-2011-08-09This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Bah, El-hadj M. & Fang, Lei, 2011. "Impact of the business environment on output and productivity in Africa," MPRA Paper 32517, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ashraf, Quamrul & Galor, Oded, 2011. "The 'Out of Africa' Hypothesis, Human Genetic Diversity, and Comparative Economic Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 8500, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gaëlle Ferrant & Yannick Bourquin, 2011. "Who benefits the most from peer effects within ethnic group ? Empirical evidence on the South African Labour Market," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00612120, HAL.
- Cooke, Edgar F A, 2011. "American trade policy towards Sub Saharan Africa –- a meta analysis of AGOA," MPRA Paper 32500, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Monica Beuran & Gaël Raballand & Julio Revilla, 2011. "Improving aid effectiveness in aid-dependent countries : lessons from Zambia," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00611901, HAL.
- van de Walle, Dominique, 2011. "Lasting welfare effects of widowhood in a poor country," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5734, The World Bank.
- Guangling (Dave) Liu, 2011. "Will the SARB always succeed in fighting inflation with contractionary policy?," Working Papers 15/2011, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Markussen & Kitavi Mbuvi, 2011. "When Does Ethnic Diversity Lead to Violence? Evidence from the 2007 Elections in Kenya," Discussion Papers 11-19, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Abdou Kâ Diongue & Gaël Giraud & Cécile Renouard, 2011. "Measuring the contribution of extractive industries to local development : the case of oil companies in Nigeria," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00611942, HAL.
- Myriam Dahman Saidi & Christina Wolf, 2011. "Recalibrating Development Co-operation: How Can African Countries Benefit from Emerging Partners?," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 302, OECD Publishing.
- Naschold, Felix & Walker, Thomas F. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Osei, Robert, 2011. "Idiosyncratic shocks, risk management and welfare dynamics in rural Ghana," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 109646, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Yallwe, Hagos Alem & Buscemi, Antonino, 2011. "Money laundry and financial development," MPRA Paper 32219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brune, Lasse & Gine, Xavier & Goldberg, Jessica & Yang, Dean, 2011. "Commitments to save : a field experiment in rural Malawi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5748, The World Bank.
- Pascaline Dupas & Jonathan Robinson, 2011. "Why Don't the Poor Save More? Evidence from Health Savings Experiments," NBER Working Papers 17255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pan, Lei & Christiaensen, Luc, 2011. "Who is vouching for the input voucher ? decentralized targeting and elite capture in Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5651, The World Bank.