Governance of International Banking: The Financial Trilemma
AbstractIn the aftermath of the financial crisis, the business model of international banks is under pressure. Regulators across the world are retrenching to national lines by applying restrictions on cross-border banking. Applying game theory, this book develops a model of the financial trilemma to understand the co-ordination failure among regulators. It also provides governance solutions to overcome this co-ordination failure. The goal is to offer a long-term perspective on international banking for regulators and academics. The book combines academic insights and policy issues. Available in OSO: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/oso/public/content/economicsfinance/9780199971596/toc.html
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780199971596 and published in 2013.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allard Bruinshoofd & Jakob de Haan, 2014. "Introduction," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Feyen, Erik & Letelier, Raquel & Love, Inessa & Maimbo, Samuel Munzele & Rocha, Roberto, 2014. "The impact of funding models and foreign bank ownership on bank credit growth : is Central and Eastern Europe different ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6783, The World Bank.
- Lex Hoogduin, 2014. "The Value of Banks after the Great Financial Expansion," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Harald Benink & Ata Can Bertay & Michiel Bijlsma & Teunis Brosens & Andreas Bley & Allard Bruinshoofd & Jakob de Haan & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Lex Hoogduin & Aerdt Houben & Harry Huizinga & Wilfred Nage, 2014. "The Value of Banks and Their Business Models to Society," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2014/2 edited by Allard Bruinshoofd & Jakob de Haan.
- Dirk Schoenmaker & Harald Benink & Andreas Bley & Alicia Sanchis & Michiel Bijlsma, 2014. "What Have We Learnt about Banks and their Business Models?," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Calmès, Christian & Théoret, Raymond, 2014. "Bank systemic risk and macroeconomic shocks: Canadian and U.S. evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 388-402.
- Teunis Brosens & Wilfred Nagel, 2014. "The Good, the Bad and the Big: Is there still A Place for Big Banks?," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Calmès, Christian & Théoret, Raymond, 2013. "Market-oriented banking, financial stability and macro-prudential indicators of leverage," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 13-34.
- Aerdt Houben, 2014. "Have We Solved the Too-big-to-fail Problem?," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Hans Geeroms & Pawel Karbownik, 2014. "A Monetary Union requires a Banking Union," Bruges European Economic Policy Briefings 33, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Mario Sarcinelli, 2013. "The European Banking Union: Will It Be a True Union without Risk Sharing?," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 66(265), pages 137-167.
- Mario Sarcinelli, 2013. "L'unione bancaria europea e la stabilizzazione dell'Eurozona," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 66(261), pages 7-42.
- Schoenmaker, Dirk & Gros, Daniel, 2012. "A European Deposit Insurance and Resolution Fund - An Update," CEPS Papers 7276, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Ata Can Bertay & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Harry Huizinga, 2014. "Size and Stability of Big Banks," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.