New State Spaces: Urban Governance and the Rescaling of Statehood
AbstractNeil Brenner has in the past few years made a major impact on the ways in which we understand the changing political geographies of the modern state. Simultaneously analyzing the restructuring of urban governance and the transformation of national states under globalizing capitalism, 'New State Spaces' is a mature and sophisticated analysis of broad interdisciplinary interest, making this a highly significant contribution to the subject.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780199270064 and published in 2004.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paulo Neto & Maria Manuel Serrano, 2011. "Governance and City Regeneration â€“ A New Methodological Approach for Design and Evaluation," ERSA conference papers ersa11p517, European Regional Science Association.
- Dominik Santner & Dirk Fornahl, 2014. "While explaining cluster internal impacts on cluster development, cluster life cycle theory fails to explain the influence of cluster external factors. Based on a multiscalar approach, this study inve," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2014-02, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Arno van der Zwet & Irene McMaster & John Bachtler, 2012. "Governance approaches in European territorial cooperation programmes and the implications of macro-regional strategies," ERSA conference papers ersa12p337, European Regional Science Association.
- Birgit Locher & Elisabeth Prügl, 2008. "Gender and European Integration," The Constitutionalism Web-Papers p0032, University of Bath, Department of European Studies and Modern Languages.
- Mario Reimer, 2013. "Planning Cultures in Transition: Sustainability Management and Institutional Change in Spatial Planning," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(11), pages 4653-4673, November.
- Mildred Warner, 2009. "Civic government or market-based governance? The limits of privatization for rural local governments," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 133-143, March.
- Burlacu, Irina & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2012.
"Differential welfare state impacts for frontier working age families,"
MERIT Working Papers
061, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Burlacu, Irina S. & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2012. "Differential Welfare State Impacts for Frontier Working Age Families," IZA Discussion Papers 6734, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matthias vom Hau, 2012. "State capacity and inclusive development: new challenges and directions," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series esid-002-12, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Hodson, Mike & Marvin, Simon, 2010. "Can cities shape socio-technical transitions and how would we know if they were?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 477-485, May.
- Thiel, Andreas, 2012. "The politics of problem solving: A co-evolutionary perspective on the recent scalar reorganisation of water governance in Germany," UFZ Discussion Papers 09/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Paulo Neto & Maria Manuel Serrano, 2011. "Clusters, Governance And Business Intelligence," ERSA conference papers ersa10p545, European Regional Science Association.
- Sud, Nikita, 2014. "Governing India’s Land," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 43-56.
- Torrisi, Gianpiero & Pike, Andy & Tomaney, John & Tselios, Vassilis, 2011. "Defining and measuring decentralisation: a critical review," MPRA Paper 51441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mizuoka, Fujio & Shimono, Kohei, 2013. "Capitalist Regulation And Rescaling Of Public Transport Governance: A Case Of Nigeria," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 54(2), pages 251-277, December.
- Mark Goodwin & Martin Jones & Rhys Jones, 2005. "Devolution, constitutional change and economic development: Explaining and understanding the new institutional geographies of the British state," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 421-436.
- Evers, Hans-Dieter & Nordin, Ramli, 2012. "The symbolic universe of Cyberjaya, Malaysia," MPRA Paper 39210, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Monios, Jason & Wilmsmeier, Gordon, 2013. "The role of intermodal transport in port regionalisation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 161-172.
- Martin Jones & Mark Goodwin & Rhys Jones, 2005. "State modernization, devolution and economic governance: An introduction and guide to debate," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 397-403.
- Mary P. Corcoran, 2006. "The Challenge of Urban Regeneration in Deprived European Neighbourhoods - a Partnership Approach," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 37(3), pages 399â422.
- Kristin Kronenberg & Kati Volgmann, 2014. "Knowledge-intensive employment change in the Dutch Randstad and the German Rhine-Ruhr area: comparable patterns of growth and decline in two metropolitan regions?," Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 39-60, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.