Incentives, Organization, and Public Economics: Papers in Honour of Sir James Mirrlees
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
AbstractThis collection celebrates the career of Sir James Mirrlees, who received the 1996 Nobel Prize in Economics for his work on income taxation and its extension to information and incentive problems. His contributions have proved fundamental to the development of a wide range of areas in economics. The 17 papers contained in this volume focus on themes that are representative of Mirrlees' work, including the economics of information, welfare, taxation, project appraisal, and industrial organization. All the contributors have spent time working closely with Mirrlees - either as his co-author or his student - and all are recognized authorities in their fields. The significant new contributions that this collection offers will have wide-ranging appeal, and should prove particularly interesting to scholars working in the areas of microeconomics, microeconomic theory, mathematical economics, and welfare economics. Contributors to this volume - Peter J. Hammond and Gareth D. Myles Benjamin E. Hermalin and Michael L. Katz Avinash Dixit Patrick Bolton and Christopher Harris Hyun Song Shin Partha Dasgupta Peter Diamond and James Mirrlees Jun-ichi Itaya, David de Meza, and Gareth D. Myles Sudhir Anand Ravi Kanbur, Ritva Tarkiainen, and Matti Tuomala Kevin Roberts Peter J. Hammond Geoffrey Heal Athar Hussain, Nicholas Stern, and Joseph Stiglitz Franklin Allen Joseph Farrell Barry Nalebuff Anthony J. Venables
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780199242290 and published in 2000.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Fumitoshi Mizutani, 2011. "Market Size and Vertical Structure in the Railway Industry," ISER Discussion Paper 0820, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Peter Diamond & Emmanuel Saez, 2011.
"The Case for a Progressive Tax: From Basic Research to Policy Recommendations,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 25(4), pages 165-90, Fall.
- Peter A. Diamond & Emmanuel Saez, 2011. "The Case for a Progressive Tax: From Basic Research to Policy Recommendations," CESifo Working Paper Series 3548, CESifo Group Munich.
- Helmuth Cremer & Philippe De Donder & Darío Maldonado & Pierre Pestieau, 2008.
"Habit Formation and Labor Supply,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2351, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cremer, Helmuth & De Donder, Philippe & Maldonado, Darío & Pestieau, Pierre, 2008. "Habit Formation and Labour Supply," CEPR Discussion Papers 6776, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- CREMER, Helmuth & DE DONDER, Philippe & MALDONADO, Dario & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2008. "Habit formation and labor supply," CORE Discussion Papers 2008038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.