Scale-Free Networks: Complex Webs in Nature and Technology
AbstractA variety of different social, natural and technological systems can be described by the same mathematical framework. This holds from the Internet to food webs and to boards of company directors. In all these situations a graph of the elements of the system and their interconnections displays a universal feature. There are only few elements with many connections, and many elements with few connections. This book presents the experimental evidence of these "Scale-free networks" and provides students and researchers with a corpus of theoretical results and algorithms to analyse and understand these features. The content of this book and the exposition makes it a clear textbook for beginners, and a reference book for the experts. Available in OSO: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/oso/public/content/physics/9780199211517/toc.html
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780199211517 and published in 2007.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Macon, Kevin T. & Mucha, Peter J. & Porter, Mason A., 2012. "Community structure in the United Nations General Assembly," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(1), pages 343-361.
- Wang, Zhenggang & Szeto, K.Y., 2010. "Structure profile of complex networks by a model of precipitation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(11), pages 2318-2324.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Tiziano Squartini & Diego Garlaschelli, 2011.
"Null Models of Economic Networks: The Case of the World Trade Web,"
LEM Papers Series
2011/26, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Tiziano Squartini & Diego Garlaschelli, 2013. "Null models of economic networks: the case of the world trade web," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 75-107, April.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Tiziano Squartini & Diego Garlaschelli, 2011. "Null Models of Economic Networks: The Case of the World Trade Web," Papers 1112.2895, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2012.
- Andreas Koulouris & Ioannis Katerelos & Theodore Tsekeris, 2013. "Multi-Equilibria Regulation Agent-Based Model of Opinion Dynamics in Social Networks," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 11(1), pages 51-70.
- Rahul Kaushik & Stefano Battiston, .
"Credit Default Swaps Drawup Networks: Too Tied To Be Stable?,"
ETH-RC-12-013, ETH Zurich, Chair of Systems Design.
- Rahul Kaushik & Stefano Battiston, 2012. "Credit Default Swaps Drawup Networks: Too Tied To Be Stable?," Papers 1205.0976, arXiv.org.
- Čech, Radek & Mačutek, Ján & Žabokrtský, Zdeněk, 2011. "The role of syntax in complex networks: Local and global importance of verbs in a syntactic dependency network," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(20), pages 3614-3623.
- S. J. Hardiman & P. Richmond & S. Hutzler, 2009. "Calculating statistics of complex networks through random walks with an application to the on-line social network Bebo," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 71(4), pages 611-622, October.
- Hu, Yihong & Zhu, Daoli, 2009. "Empirical analysis of the worldwide maritime transportation network," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(10), pages 2061-2071.
- Andrey Sokolov & Rachel Webster & Andrew Melatos & Tien Kieu, 2012. "Loan and nonloan flows in the Australian interbank network," Papers 1202.3182, arXiv.org.
- Griffiths, Frances & Cave, Jonathan & Boardman, Felicity & Ren, Justin & Pawlikowska, Teresa & Ball, Robin & Clarke, Aileen & Cohen, Alan, 2012. "Social networks – The future for health care delivery," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(12), pages 2233-2241.
- Sokolov, Andrey & Webster, Rachel & Melatos, Andrew & Kieu, Tien, 2012. "Loan and nonloan flows in the Australian interbank network," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(9), pages 2867-2882.
- Diego Garlaschelli & Maria I. Loffredo, 2007. "Effects of network topology on wealth distributions," Papers 0711.4710, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.