Resources, Firms, and Strategies: A Reader in the Resource-Based Perspective
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
AbstractStrategic management has been increasingly characterized by an emphasis on core competences. Firms are advised to divest unrelated businesses and return to core business. Moreover, competitive advantage is now increasingly seen as a matter of efficiently deploying scarce knowledge resources to product markets. Much of this change in emphasis has occurred because of the emergence of a unified and rigorous approach to strategy, often called the resource-based approach. This Reader brings together extracts from the seminal articles that created this dominant perspective in strategic management. It includes the pioneering work of Selznick, Penrose, and Chandler and more recent writing by Wernerfelt, Barney, Teece, and Prahalad and Hamel.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198781790 and published in 1997.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harald Bathelt & Andrew Munro & Ben Spigel, 2011. "Challenges of Transformation: Innovation, Re-bundling and Traditional Manufacturing in Canada's Technology Triangle," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1111, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Jun 2011.
- Jackie Krafft, 2010. "Profiting in the info-communications in the age of broadband: lessons and new considerations," Post-Print hal-00203801, HAL.
- Iman Seoudi & Matthias Huehn & Bo Carlsson, 2008. "Penrose Revisited: A Re-Appraisal of the Resource Perspective," Working Papers 14, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- Inês Veloso Ferreira & Aurora A. C. Teixeira, 2012.
"Organizational Characteristics and Performance of Export Promotion Agencies: Portugal and Ireland compared,"
0046, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia e da Inovação, revised Jan 2012.
- Maria Inês Veloso Ferreira & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2011. "Organizational Characteristics and Performance of Export Promotion Agencies: Portugal and Ireland compared," FEP Working Papers 424, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Filipe J. Sousa & Luís M. de Castro, 2005. "Relationship significance: is it sufficiently explained?," FEP Working Papers 183, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Heimeriks, K. & Duysters, G.M. & Vanhaverbeke, W.P.M., 2004.
"The evolution of alliance capabilities,"
Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS) working paper series
04.20, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS).
- Jackie Krafft, 2003. "Vertical structure of the industry and competition: an analysis of the info-communications industry," Post-Print hal-00203652, HAL.
- Wilderom, C.P.M. & Berg, P. van den, 2000. "Firm Culture and Leadership as Firm Performance Predictors: a Resource-Based Perspective," Discussion Paper 2000-03, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.