Methods of Dynamic Economics
AbstractCapital and Growth was published in 1965, and rapidly established itself as a landmark in economic theory. In this volume, Sir John takes his earlier work and examines it critically for its present-day value. The result is a substantially reworked book based on the first and best part of his 1965 publication. The theme, now more clearly identified, is a comparative study of the economics of change, and brings in many of Hicks's subsequent developments and refinements - in particular a 'neo-Austrian' theory of capital which he developed in Capital and Time(1973). A new chapter on Keynes's methods has been added. The sum is a more complete classification of the family of models appropriate for analysing dynamic economics.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198772873 and published in 1987.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2006.
"Explaining the aggregate price level with Keynes's principle of effective demand,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(4), pages 469-492.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2004. "Explaining the Aggregate Price Level with Keynes’s Principle of Effective Demand," KOF Working papers 04-95, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Silva, Ester G. & Teixeira, Aurora A.C., 2008.
"Surveying structural change: Seminal contributions and a bibliometric account,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 273-300, December.
- Ester Gomes da Silva & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2006. "Surveying structural change: seminal contributions and a bibliometric account," FEP Working Papers 232, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Mario Amendola & Jean-Luc Gaffard, 2009. "Revisiting the ‘machinery effect’: from Ricardo to Hicks and ahead," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2009-13, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Jochen Hartwig, 2004. "Keynes versus the Post Keynesians on the Principle of Effective Demand," KOF Working papers 04-88, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Antonio Carlos Macedo e Silva, 2006. "Detalhes Extraviados E Ausências Conspícuas: Do Treatise À General Theory," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 114, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2005.
"Il simposio su "mr. Keynes' system" all'Oxford meeting e il modello is-lm
[The symposium on " mr. Keynes' system" to the Oxford meeting and the is-lm model]," MPRA Paper 33019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.