The Public Economics of the Environment
AbstractEnvironmental policy is high on the political agenda in many countries. Considering the various dimensions of environmental quality as public goods, Sandmo identifies the failures of the market mechanism in the face of environmental problems and shows how economic policy should be designed to overcome them. Specific topics covered include the assessment of environmental benefits and costs, the choice between taxes and quotas as policy tools, the principles of environmental taxation in a second-best world, the various notions of the double dividend from environmental tax reform, and international aspects of environmental policy as well as its political economy ramifications. The treatment is mainly theoretical, but the emphasis throughout is on showing how theory can be relevant to the rational design of economic policy. Available in OSO: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/oso/public/content/economicsfinance/019829798X/toc.html
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198297987 and published in 2000.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borger, Bruno De, 2011. "Optimal congestion taxes in a time allocation model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 79-95, January.
- Moons, Ellen & Rousseau, Sandra, 2007.
"Policy options for afforestation in Flanders,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 194-203, October.
- Agnar Sandmo, 2010. "Environmental Taxation and Revenue for Development," Working Papers id:3200, eSocialSciences.
- Navajas, Fernando H. & Panadeiros, Monica & Natale, Oscar, 2011. "Environmentally Related Energy Taxes in Argentina, Bolivia and Uruguay," MPRA Paper 37829, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bard Harstad & Gunnar S. Eskeland, 2006.
"Trading for the Future: Signaling in Permit Markets,"
1429, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Harstad, Bård & Eskeland, Gunnar S., 2010. "Trading for the future: Signaling in permit markets," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(9-10), pages 749-760, October.
- Harstad, Bård & Eskeland, Gunnar S., 2010. "Trading for the Future: Signaling in Permit Markets," Discussion Papers 2010/2, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Inés Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo, 2004.
"Optimal Enforcement Policy and Firm's Emissions and Compliance with Environmental Taxes,"
124, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Macho-Stadler, Ines & Perez-Castrillo, David, 2006. "Optimal enforcement policy and firms' emissions and compliance with environmental taxes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 110-131, January.
- Inés Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo, 2004. "Optimal Enforcement Policy and Firms' Emissions and Compliance with Environmental Taxes," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 612.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Ines Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo, 2004. "Optimal Enforcement Policy and Firms’ Emissions and Compliance with Environmental Taxes," CESifo Working Paper Series 1193, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 2003. "Environmental Taxation and Revenue for Development," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Agnar Sandmo, 2001. "Bridging the Tax-Expenditure Gap: Green Taxes and the Marginal Cost of Funds," CESifo Working Paper Series 579, CESifo Group Munich.
- Silvia Micheli, 2013. "The Impact of Subsidies on the Development of Wind Power," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 453-454, December.
- De Borger, Bruno, 2009. "Commuting, congestion tolls and the structure of the labour market: Optimal congestion pricing in a wage bargaining model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 434-448, July.
- Agnar Sandmo, 2002. "Efficient Environmental Policy with Imperfect Compliance," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 23(1), pages 85-103, September.
- Maria Sandsmark & Haakon Vennemo, 2007. "A portfolio approach to climate investments: CAPM and endogenous risk," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(4), pages 681-695, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.