The Common Agricultural Policy: Continuity and Change
AbstractThe Common Agricultural Policy: Continuity and Change is a major retrospective analysis of the CAP since its inception, set against the background of agricultural policy in Western Europe since the end of the Second World War. The topics covered include the development of the CAP, in particular the early dominance of the market policy contrary to the original intention; the struggle to introduce a structural policy and its subsequent unsatisfactory record; the uneasy relationship between market policy and trade policy; the question of agricultural incomes; and the broadening of policy horizons since the mid-1980s, particularly to include environmental issues. The book concludes with a discussion of some unresolved issues, including the role and appropriateness of a sectoral policy in today's circumstances.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198288572 and published in 1997.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Spoerer, Mark, 2010. ""Fortress Europe" in long-term perspective: agricultural protection in the European Community, 1957-2003," MPRA Paper 24120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Winter, M. & Fry, C. & Carruthers, S. P., 1998. "European agricultural policy and farm animal welfare," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 305-323, November.
- Lorena Ruano, 2003. "The Common Agricultural Policy and the European Union's Enlargement to Eastern and Central Europe: A Comparison with the Spanish Case," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 3, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Karanikolas, Pavlos & Martinos, Nikos, 2007. "The modernization process in Greek Agriculture: The case of investment aid," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(1), January.
- Kyed, Karsten & Kaergard, Niels & Zobbe, Henrik, 2002. "Multifunctionality and the European Common Agricultural Policy: A Theoretical Problem," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24876, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Miguel Martín-Retorillo & Vincente Pinilla, 2012. "Why did agricultural labour productivity not converge in Europe from 1950 to 2005?," Working Papers 0025, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Constadina Passa & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2007. "Modelling of Agricultural Behavior under the CAP Regime: Policy Effectiveness and Design," Working Papers 0819, University of Crete, Department of Economics, revised 01 Jul 2008.
- Miguel Martín-Retortillo & Vicente Pinilla, 2013. "Patterns and causes of growth of European agricultural production, 1950-2005," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1302, Asociación Española de Historia Económica.
- Lobley, Matt & Butler, Allan, 2010. "The impact of CAP reform on farmers' plans for the future: Some evidence from South West England," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 341-348, August.
- Zobbe, Henrik, 2001. "The Economic and Historical Foundation of the Common Agricultural Policy in Europe," Unit of Economics Working papers 24212, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Constadina Passa & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2007. "Modelling of Agricultural Behavior under the CAP Regime: Assessment of Environmental Impacts and Policy Effectiveness," Working Papers 0818, University of Crete, Department of Economics, revised 01 Jul 2008.
- Zobbe, Henrik, 2002. "The Economic and Historical Foundation of the Common Agricultural Policy in Europe," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24867, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.