An Inquiry into Well-Being and Destitution
AbstractAn interdisciplinary book by one of the most respected scholars in what is broadly development economics but encompasses the most recent insights from philosophical research and empirical work on resource allocation, nutrition science, and anthropology. It has been widely recognized as a seminal work presenting a wide-ranging description of the causes and remedies of poverty and undernourishment, and addressing the current debate over methods of estimating their incidence.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198288350 and published in 1995.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Eliana La Ferrara, 2011.
"Self-help groups and mutual assistance: Evidence from urban Kenya,"
401, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Eliana La Ferrara, 2012. "Self-Help Groups and Mutual Assistance: Evidence from Urban Kenya," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 707 - 733.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2011. "Self-Help Groups and Mutual Assistance: Evidence from Urban Kenya," CEPR Discussion Papers 8452, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Useche, Pilar & Blare, Trent, 2012. "Seeds of Gold: How Environmental Considerations Influence Cacao Production Decisions for Small Landholder Households in Northwestern Ecuador," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124738, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Wicks, Rick, 2011. "Assumption without representation: the unacknowledged abstraction from communities and social goods," MPRA Paper 51674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Useche, Pilar & Blare, Trent, 2013. "Traditional vs. modern production systems: Price and nonmarket considerations of cacao producers in Northern Ecuador," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 1-10.
- Upadhyay, T.P. & Solberg, Birger & Sankhayan, Prem L., 2006. "Use of models to analyse land-use changes, forest/soil degradation and carbon sequestration with special reference to Himalayan region: A review and analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 349-371, December.
- Jean-Pierre Allegret & Sana Azzabi, 2012. "DÃ©veloppement financier, croissance de long terme et effets de seuil," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 59(5), pages 553-581, December.
- Basu, Santonu, 1997. "Why institutional credit agencies are reluctant to lend to the rural poor: A theoretical analysis of the Indian rural credit market," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 267-280, February.
- Lopez, Ramon, 2003. "The Policy Roots of Socioeconomic Stagnation and Environmental Implosion: Latin America 1950-2000," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 259-280, February.
- Kaicker, Nidhi & Gaiha, Raghav, 2013. "Calorie thresholds and undernutrition in India," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 271-288.
- R. Frey & Fengxiang Song, 1997. "Human Well-Being in Chinese Cities," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 77-101, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.