Comparative Competition Policy: National Institutions in a Global Market
AbstractThis original collection comprises the first comparative study of competition policy, an area which has emerged as a vibrant and influential discipline within the study of economic policy and policy-making. The victory of market economics means that every capitalist country has created or intensified competition policy. The study compares the six `model' policy regimes of the USA, Germany, Japan, the UK, Canada, and the European Union. The role of institutions and political process in controlling monopolies, cartels, and mergers is emphasised. the case for convergence and the emergence of a global regime is evaluated. Cutting through the traditional arena of lawyers and economists, this edited volume provides incisive political analysis of the mechanics of international competiton policy. It is an exciting and original new look at how policy is formed on the international stage. Available in OSO:
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198280620 and published in 1996.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Seldeslachts, Jo, 2011.
"The Deterrence Effects of U.S. Merger Policy Instruments,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8482, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Jo Seldeslachts, 2013. "The Deterrence Effects of US Merger Policy Instruments," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(5), pages 1114-1144, October.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Jo Seldeslachts, 2011. "The Deterrence Effects of U.S. Merger Policy Instruments," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-095/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Joseph A. Clougherty, 2009.
"Competition Policy Trends and Economic Growth: Cross-National Empirical Evidence,"
CIG Working Papers
SP II 2009-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Joseph Clougherty, 2010. "Competition Policy Trends and Economic Growth: Cross-National Empirical Evidence," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 111-127.
- Clougherty, Joseph A., 2009. "Competition Policy Trends and Economic Growth: Cross-National Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 7515, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.