Trading and Exchanges: Market Microstructure for Practitioners
AbstractThis book is about trading, the people who trade securities and contracts, the marketplaces where they trade, and the rules that govern it. Readers will learn about investors, brokers, dealers, arbitrageurs, retail traders, day traders, rogue traders, and gamblers; exchanges, boards of trade, dealer networks, ECNs (electronic communications networks), crossing markets, and pink sheets. Also covered in this text are single price auctions, open outcry auctions, and brokered markets limit orders, market orders, and stop orders. Finally, the author covers the areas of program trades, block trades, and short trades, price priority, time precedence, public order precedence, and display precedence, insider trading, scalping, and bluffing, and investing, speculating, and gambling.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780195144703 and published in 2002.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jikang, Zhang & Yuanyuan, Liang, 2006. "Institutional and structural problems of China's foreign exchange market and the RMB's role in East Asia," HWWI Research Papers 2-5, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Furuhata, Masabumi & Dessouky, Maged & Ordóñez, Fernando & Brunet, Marc-Etienne & Wang, Xiaoqing & Koenig, Sven, 2013. "Ridesharing: The state-of-the-art and future directions," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 28-46.
- Rosenthal, Dale W.R. & Thomas, Nordia Diana Marie, 2012. "Transact taxes in a price maker/taker market," MPRA Paper 40556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fang Cai, 2003. "Was there front running during the LTCM crisis," International Finance Discussion Papers 758, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lerner, Peter, 2010. "Theoretical analysis of the bid-ask bounce and Related Phenomena," MPRA Paper 35929, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aitken, Michael & Cumming, Douglas & Zhan, Feng, 2013. "Exchange trading rules, surveillance and insider trading," CFS Working Paper Series 2013/15, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Gerhard Kling, 2005. "The impact of trading mechanisms and stock characteristics on order processing and information costs: A panel GMM approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(5), pages 1-11.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2005:i:5:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernández-Amador, Octavio & Gächter, Martin & Larch, Martin & Peter, Georg, 2013. "Does monetary policy determine stock market liquidity? New evidence from the euro zone," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 54-68.
- Withanawasam, R.M. & Whigham, P.A. & Crack, T.F., 2013. "Characterising trader manipulation in a limit-order driven market," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 43-52.
- Cumming, Douglas & Johan, Sofia & Li, Dan, 2011. "Exchange trading rules and stock market liquidity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 651-671, March.
- Naes, Randi & Skjeltorp, Johannes A., 2003. "Equity trading by institutional investors: Evidence on order submission strategies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1779-1817, September.
- Ivan Breskovic & Ivona Brandic & Jorn Altmann, 2013. "Maximizing Liquidity in Cloud Markets through Standardization of Computational Resources," TEMEP Discussion Papers 2013100, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Feb 2013.
- Dyakov, Teodor & Verbeek, Marno, 2013. "Front-running of mutual fund fire-sales," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4931-4942.
- Lipson, Marc L., 2003. "Market microstructure and corporate finance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 377-384, September.
- Martin D. Gould & Mason A. Porter & Stacy Williams & Mark McDonald & Daniel J. Fenn & Sam D. Howison, 2010. "Limit Order Books," Papers 1012.0349, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Sofia Johan, 2008.
"Global Market Surveillance,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 454-506.
- Ødegaard, Bernt Arne, 2009. "The (implicit) cost of equity trading at the Oslo Stock Exchange. What does the data tell us?," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2009/17, University of Stavanger.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.