The Institutionalist Movement in American Economics, 1918-1947
AbstractThis book provides a detailed picture of the institutionalist movement in American economics concentrating on the period between the two World Wars. The discussion brings a new emphasis on the leading role of Walton Hamilton in the formation of institutionalism, on the special importance of the ideals of 'science' and 'social control' embodied within the movement, on the large and close network of individuals involved, on the educational programs and research organizations created by institutionalists and on the significant place of the movement within the mainstream of interwar American economics. In these ways the book focuses on the group most closely involved in the active promotion of the movement, on how they themselves constructed it, on its original intellectual appeal and promise and on its institutional supports and sources of funding.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9781107006997 and published in 2011.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
Other versions of this item:
- Rutherford,Malcolm, 2013. "The Institutionalist Movement in American Economics, 1918-1947," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107626089, October.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yefimov, Vladimir, 2013.
"От Машин Удовольствия К Моральным Сообществам (Размышления Над Новой Книгой Джеффри Ходжсона)
[From pleasure machines," MPRA Paper 49024, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Faruk Ülgen, 2014. "How to guide the economy towards socially desirable directions ? Some institutional lessons from the 2007 financial turmoil," Post-Print halshs-00957598, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.