The Cost of Capital
AbstractThis book provides an answer to the question, 'What does the finance and economics literature say about the determination and estimation of a project's cost of capital?'. Uniquely, it reviews both the theory of asset pricing in discrete time and a range of more applied topics which relate to project valuation, including the effects of corporate and personal taxes, the international dimension, estimation of the cost of equity in practice, and the cost of capital for regulated utilities. It seeks to explain models and arguments in a way which does justice to the reasoning, whilst minimising the prior knowledge of finance and maths expected of the reader. It acts as a bridge between a general undergraduate or MBA text in finance, accounting or economics, and the modern theoretical literature on the cost of capital.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521801959 and published in 2005.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hutson, Elaine & Kearney, Colm, 2007. "The Irish Aviation Authority's cost of capital : report to the Commission for Aviation Regulation," Open Access publications from University College Dublin urn:hdl:10197/1967, University College Dublin.
- Erwin Diewert, 2009. "The aggregation of capital over vintages in a model of embodied technical progress," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-19, August.
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Wykoff, Frank C., 2006. "Depreciation, Deterioration and Obsolescence when there is Embodied or Disembodied Technical Change," UBC Departmental Archives diewert-06-11-23-08-38-56, UBC Department of Economics, revised 13 Jul 2007.
- Beja, Edsel Jr., 2006.
"Forensic Accounting: Hidden balance of payments of the Philippines,"
4828, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2007.
- Edsel L. Beja, 2007. "Forensic Accounting: Hidden Balance of Payments of the Philippines," Working Papers wp130, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Thomas Brodaty & Robert Gary-Bobo & Ana Prieto, 2006.
"Risk Aversion and Human Capital Investment: a Structural Econometric Model,"
THEMA Working Papers
2006-06, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Brodaty, Thomas & Gary-Bobo, Robert J. & Prieto, Ana, 2006. "Risk Aversion and Human Capital Investment: A Structural Econometric Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 5694, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kazuhiko Mikami, 2007. "Enterprise forms, ownership markets, and capital procurement of the firm," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 07/02, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Jul 2007.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2009. "User Costs versus Waiting Services and Depreciation in a Model of Production," UBC Departmental Archives erwin_diewert-2009-57, UBC Department of Economics, revised 27 Oct 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.