Post Keynesian Price Theory
AbstractFrederic Lee sets out the foundations of a post-Keynesian price theory through developing an empirically grounded production schema. The administered, normal cost and mark-up price doctrines are explained in parts I-III of the book, as many of their theoretical arguments are important for developing the foundations. This involves discussing the work of Gardiner Means, Philip Andrews, and Michal Kalecki as well as the developers of the doctrines, such as Edwin Nourse, Paolo Sylos Labini, Harry Edwards, Josef Steindl and Alfred Eisner. Drawing upon the arguments and formal modelling offered by the doctrines, in conjunction with empirical evidence from one hundred studies on pricing and production, Dr Lee develops an empirically grounded pricing model and production schema. He argues that the model and the schema together constitute the foundations for post-Keynesian price theory.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521030212 and published in 2006.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Parada, Jairo, 2008. "Post-Keynesian Theory of Business Enterprise and the Veblenian´s Approach: Are there commonalities?," MPRA Paper 16768, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jul 2008.
- Jairo Parada Corrales, 2008. "Post-keynesian micro theory on business enterprise and the veblenian´s aproach: ¿are there commonalities?," Revista de Economía del Caribe, UNIVERSIDAD DEL NORTE.
- Lee, Frederic & Jo, Tae-Hee, 2010.
"Social surplus approach and heterodox economics,"
27636, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jo, Tae-Hee, 2013. "Uncertainty, Instability, and the Control of Markets," MPRA Paper 47936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jo, Tae-Hee, 2011. "Heterodox Critiques of Corporate Social Responsibility," MPRA Paper 35367, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jo, Tae-Hee, 2012. "Financing investment under fundamental uncertainty and instability: A heterodox microeconomic view," MPRA Paper 39450, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.