Questioning virtuous spirals: micro-finance and women's empowerment in Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of International Development.
Volume (Year): 11 (1999)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masakure, Oliver & Cranfield, John & Henson, Spencer, 2008. "The Financial Performance of Non-farm Microenterprises in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2733-2762, December.
- Jaikishan Desai & Alessandro Tarozzi, 2011. "Microcredit, Family Planning Programs, and Contraceptive Behavior: Evidence From a Field Experiment in Ethiopia," Demography, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 749-782, May.
- Thi Minh-Phuong Ngo & Zaki Wahhaj, 2010.
"Microfinance and Gender Empowerment,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2010-34, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Ngo, Thi Minh-Phuong & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2008. "Microfinance and Gender Empowerment," MPRA Paper 11293, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zaki Wahhaj & Thi Minh-Phuong Ngo, 2010. "Microfinance and Gender Empowerment," Economics Series Working Papers CSAE WPS/2010-34, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Mayoux, Linda, 2001. "Jobs, gender and small enterprises : getting the policy environment right," ILO Working Papers 346709, International Labour Organization.
- Chin, Yoo-Mi, 2012. "Credit Program Participation and Decline in Violence: Does Self-Selection Matter?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1690-1699.
- repec:msm:wpaper:2014/20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johnson, Susan, 2004. "Gender Norms in Financial Markets: Evidence from Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1355-1374, August.
- Rai, Ashok & Ravi, Shamika, 2011. "Do Spouses Make Claims? Empowerment and Microfinance in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 913-921, June.
- B, Ranjula & Wallentin, Fan Yang, 2008. "Economic or Non-Economic Factors – What Empowers Women?," Working Paper Series 2008:11, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- van Rooyen, C. & Stewart, R. & de Wet, T., 2012. "The Impact of Microfinance in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Systematic Review of the Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 2249-2262.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.