Us Treasury Securities Market: Recent Evolutions, Short And Medium Term Prospects
AbstractThe present paper brings to the forefront the recent evolutions on the US treasury securities market, under the impact of the global financial and economic crisis and its short and medium term perspectives. The study is based on the US Treasury statistics and the empiric evidence of the previous literature, and is structured in four sections. The first one underlines the evolution of the structure of the factors that generated such developments. The second section underscores, on the one side, the main foreign investors in marketable securities and their behaviour, and on the other side, points to the fact that the official data should be interpreted cautiously, as they do not necessarily reflect an objective reality. The third section analyses the slope of the treasury yield curve in time and its determinants, while the fourth outlines the short and medium term perspectives of the US treasury securities market, taking into account the influence of the global recovery and the deepening of the American fiscal deficit on the investors’ behaviour and, consequently, on the treasury yields.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu" in its journal Studii Financiare (Financial Studies).
Volume (Year): 14 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucuresti
Phone: 004 021 3182419
Fax: 004 021 3182419
Web page: http://www.icfm.ro/
More information through EDIRC
US treasury securities; marketable securities; foreign investors; treasury yield curve;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
- O51 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - U.S.; Canada
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & Adam Posen, . "The euro at ten: the next global currency?," Books, Bruegel, number 303, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.