The Democratic Road to Socialism
AbstractTwo main subjects are dealt with in this paper: the democratic road to socialism in Marx and Engels’s works and, more generally, a feasible transition to a new social order. Starting out from the Marxian definition of revolution as the transition from one production mode to another, the author expatiates on different possible modes of transition. Marx and Engels often declared themselves in favour of a transition realised through a worker management of firms, and one purpose of this article is to suggest that the establishment of a system of producer cooperatives would be the correct way out of capitalism.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in its journal Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali.
Volume (Year): 118 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
socialism; marxism; cooperative firms;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
- B14 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- J54 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Producer Cooperatives; Labor Managed Firms
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vep - Vita e Pensiero).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.