Business Intelligence as a Support of E-commerce Systems in Connection with Decision Making and Cross-Border Online Shopping
AbstractRecent business development in connection with the present state of world economy evokes the managers to make alterations in their decision making. CompaniesÂ´ managements can make right decisions only with the aid of current and precision information. In addition, managers have to get all information in time. Decisionmaking processes should be realized quickly and under the strong thumb of a competitive environment. Some years ago, for the support of top level of management, information systems development was oriented to decision support systems (DSS). On the present, decision support systems development is transformed to development of business intelligence (BI) systems. Business intelligence technologies provide historical, current, and predictive views of business operations. In business intelligence, described views are represented by reporting, ad-hoc reporting, OLAP analysis etc. With the aid of business intelligence systems development, managers have more possibilities to choose types and structures of information. This article deals with business intelligence systems development in connection with the e-commerce systems, cross-border online shopping and business companiesÂ´ management needs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova in its journal Journal of Applied Economic Sciences.
Volume (Year): 5 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1(11)_Spring2010 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=14
More information through EDIRC
e-commerce system; online shopping; customer requirements; management needs; business intelligence; reporting;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C87 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Econometric Software
- C88 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other Computer Software
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- M16 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - International Business Administration
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- Q55 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Technological Innovation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.