A Stata package for the estimation of the dose–response function through adjustment for the generalized propensity score
AbstractIn this article, we brieﬂy review the role of the propensity score in estimating dose-response functions as described in Hirano and Imbens (2004, Applied Bayesian Modeling and Causal Inference from Incomplete-Data Perspectives, 73-84). Then we present a set of Stata programs that estimate the propensity score in a setting with a continuous treatment, test the balancing property of the generalized propensity score, and estimate the dose-response function. We illustrate these programs by using a dataset collected by Imbens, Rubin, and Sacerdote (2001, American Economic Review 91: 778-794). Copyright 2008 by StataCorp LP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 8 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Walsh, Patrick, 2010. "Is parental involvement lower at larger schools?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 959-970, December.
- BIA Michela & FLORES Carlos A. & MATTEI Alessandra, 2011. "Nonparametric Estimators of Dose-Response Functions," CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series 2011-40, CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Borra, Cristina & Iacovou, Maria & Sevilla, Almudena, 2012.
"The Effect of Breastfeeding on Children's Cognitive and Noncognitive Development,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6697, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Borra, Cristina & Iacovou, Maria & Sevilla, Almudena, 2012. "The effect of breastfeeding on children's cognitive and noncognitive development," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 496-515.
- BIA Michela & FLORES Carlos A. & FLORES-LAGUNES Alfonso & MATTEI Alessandra, 2013. "A Stata package for the application of semiparametric estimators of dose-response functions," CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series 2013-07, CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Barbara Guardabascio & Marco Ventura, 2013.
"Estimating the dose-response function through the GLM approach,"
German Stata Users' Group Meetings 2013
10, Stata Users Group.
- Guardabascio, Barbara & Ventura, Marco, 2013. "Estimating the dose-response function through the GLM approach," MPRA Paper 45013, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Mar 2013.
- Michela Bia & Roberto Leombruni & Pierre-Jean Messe, 2009. "Young in-Old out: a new evaluation based on Generalized Propensity Score," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 93, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Alexander Vogel & Joachim Wagner, 2009.
"Exports and Profitability – First Evidence for German Business Services Enterprises,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
129, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Alexander Vogel & Joachim Wagner, 2010. "Exports and Profitability - First Evidence for German Business Services Enterprises," Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik), Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 56(1), pages 7-30.
- Alberto Marzucchi & Davide Antonioli & Sandro Montresor, 2012.
"Research cooperation within and across regional boundaries. Does innovation policy add anything?,"
JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation
2012-04, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Alberto Marzucchi & Davide Antonioli & Sandro Montresor, 2012. "Research cooperation within and across regional boundaries. Does innovation policy add anything?," JRC-IPTS Working Papers JRC76320, Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre, revised Nov 2012.
- Joachim Wagner, 2012.
"The Impact of R&D Activities on Exports of German Business Services Enterprises: First evidence from a continuous treatment approach,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
260, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Vogel , Alexander & Wagner, Joachim, 2012. "The Impact of R&D Activities on Exports of German Business Services Enterprises: First evidence from a continuous treatment approach," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 293, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Kuhlgatz, Christian & Abdulai, Awudu, 2011. "Determinants and Welfare Impacts of Export Crop Cultivation - Empirical Evidence from Ghana," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114692, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Linda Kleemann & Awudu Abdulai, 2012. "Organic Certification, Agro-Ecological Practices and Return on Investment: Farm Level Evidence from Ghana," Kiel Working Papers 1816, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Joachim Wagner, 2012. "New Methods for the Analysis of Links between International Firm Activities and Firm Performance: A Practitioner’s Guide," Working Paper Series in Economics 227, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.