Multiple imputation of missing values: update
AbstractThis article describes a substantial update to mvis, which brings it more closely in line with the feature set of S. van Buuren and C. G. M. Oudshoorn’s implementation of the MICE system in R and S-PLUS (for details, see http://www.multiple-imputation.com). To make a clear distinction from mvis,the principal program of the new Stata release is called ice. I will give details of how to use the new features and a practical illustrative example using real data. All the facilities of mvis are retained by ice. Some improvements to micombine for computing estimates from multiply imputed datasets are also described. Copyright 2005 by StataCorp LP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 5 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John B. Carlin & Ning Li & Philip Greenwood & Carolyn Coffey, 2003. "Tools for analyzing multiple imputed datasets," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(3), pages 226-244, September.
- Patrick Royston, 2004. "Multiple imputation of missing values," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(3), pages 227-241, September.
- Melissa A. Clark & Hanley S. Chiang & Tim Silva & Sheena McConnell & Kathy Sonnenfeld & Anastasia Erbe & Michael Puma, 2013. "The Effectiveness of Secondary Math Teachers from Teach For America and the Teaching Fellows Programs," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7890, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Robynn Cox & Sally Wallace, 2013. "The Impact of Incarceration on Food Insecurity among Households with Children," Working Papers WP13-05-FF.pdf, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Reza C. Daniels, 2012. "Univariate Multiple Imputation for Coarse Employee Income Data," SALDRU Working Papers 88, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Andrea Marshall & Lucinda Billingham & Stirling Bryan, 2009. "Can we afford to ignore missing data in cost-effectiveness analyses?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 1-3, February.
- Martin, Molly A. & Lippert, Adam M., 2012. "Feeding her children, but risking her health: The intersection of gender, household food insecurity and obesity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(11), pages 1754-1764.
- Nikita Lyssenko & Roberto Martínez-Espi�eira, 2012.
"Respondent uncertainty in contingent valuation: the case of whale conservation in Newfoundland and Labrador,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 44(15), pages 1911-1930, May.
- Lyssenko, Nikita & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2009. "Respondent uncertainty in contingent valuation: the case of whale conservation in Newfoundland and Labrador," MPRA Paper 21969, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- White, Ian R. & Daniel, Rhian & Royston, Patrick, 2010. "Avoiding bias due to perfect prediction in multiple imputation of incomplete categorical variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(10), pages 2267-2275, October.
- Martínez-Espiñeira, Roberto & Lyssenko, Nikita, 2011. "Correcting for the endogeneity of pro-environment behavioral choices in contingent valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1435-1439, June.
- Frisco, Michelle L. & Weden, Margaret M. & Lippert, Adam M. & Burnett, Kristin D., 2012. "The multidimensional relationship between early adult body weight and women’s childbearing experiences," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(11), pages 1703-1711.
- Lussier, Danielle, 2007. "The Nature of Mass Communist Beliefs in Postcommunist Russian Political Space," Program in Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies, Working Paper Series qt8ds7f6zm, Institute of Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Catherine Kenney, 2007. "His Dollar ? Her Dollar ? Their Dollar: The Effects of Couples' Money Management Systems on Union Dissolution and Women's Labor Force Participation," Working Papers WP07-03-FF.pdf, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Richard J. Petts, 2009. "Fathers’ Religious Involvement And Early Childhood Behavior," Working Papers WP09-22-FF.pdf, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Jaenichen, Ursula & Sakshaug, Joseph, 2012. "Multiple imputation of household income in the first wave of PASS," FDZ Methodenreport 201202_en, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Gretchen Carrigan & Adrian G. Barnett & Annette J. Dobson & Gita Mishra, . "Compensating for Missing Data from Longitudinal Studies Using WinBUGS," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(i07).
- Martin, Molly A. & Frisco, Michelle L. & Nau, Claudia & Burnett, Kristin, 2012. "Social stratification and adolescent overweight in the United States: How income and educational resources matter across families and schools," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(4), pages 597-606.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.