Determinants of India's Software Exports and Goods Exports
AbstractRecent export experience of some large, emerging economies has raised important questions about the trade determinants of the modern-services-driven sectors and the goods-production-driven sectors. In our empirical analysis of the determinants of Indian exports of software services and of the total Indian goods exports, we raise the following questions: How (dis)similar is the performance of the Indian exports of software from the determinants of India's total exports of goods? Are such differences significant? Is the pattern of the performance of the determinants stable over time? Our findings concerning the effects of size, distance, linguistic connections, and trade-facilitating networks enable us to make some important inferences of policy relevance. © 2005 President and Fellows of Harvard College and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): 87 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Gupta, Poonam, 2012.
"Exports of Services: Indian Experience in Perspective,"
Working Papers, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy
12/102, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2013. "Exports of services: Indian experience in perspective," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(1), pages 35-60, March.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Gupta, Poonam, 2012. "Exports of Services: Indian Experience in Perspective," MPRA Paper 37409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Illa, M.R., 2005. "State role on ICTs promotion in developing countries : general patterns and the Uruguayan experience," ISS Working Papers - General Series, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague 19170, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi & Leitão, Nuno Carlos, 2013. "India’s Trade and Gravity Model: A Static and Dynamic Panel Data," MPRA Paper 45502, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keith Walsh, 2006. "Trade in Services: Does Gravity Hold? A Gravity Model Approach to Estimating Barriers to Services Trade," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series, IIIS iiisdp183, IIIS.
- Johan Fourie & Dieter von Fintel, 2009. "World Rankings of Comparative Advantage in Service Exports," Working Papers 03/2009, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Bhanumurthy, N.R. & Sharma, Chandan, 2013. "Does Weak Rupee Matter for India's Manufacturing Exports?," Working Papers, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy 13/115, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.