The role of advisory committees in the system of the corporate governance. Case study on listed companies in Romania
AbstractCorporate governance concerns the way in which companies are managed and controlled. For efficient management of companies, these are recommended either to use the dual system of management, which, implicitly, assumes a board independent, supervisory board, respectively, or to establish independent advisory committees. Studies over time have shown that it is necessary to increase the role of BD and the establishment of specialized committees to advise the Board in its work. This study attempts to show, first, the need for advisory committees in addition to BD, with emphasis on the global situation. Second, to analyze is the situation and functioning of these committees at national level, we performed an empirical study of companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange on tier I.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Economics, Tibiscus University in Timisoara in its journal Anale. Seria Stiinte Economice. Timisoara.
Volume (Year): XVIII (2012)
Issue (Month): (May)
corporate governance; advisory committees; audit committee; remuneration committee; nomination committee;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- M48 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- N40 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - General, International, or Comparative
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Morten Huse, 2003. "Renewing Management and Governance: New Paradigms of Governance?," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 211-221, September.
- Avshalom Adam & Tal Shavit, 2009. "Roles and responsibilities of boards of directors revisited in reconciling conflicting stakeholders interests while maintaining corporate responsibility," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 281-302, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Kysilka).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.