Encouraging the Transition into Self-employment
AbstractSHUTT J. and SUTHERLAND J. (2003) Encouraging the transition into self- employment, Reg. Studies 37 , 97-103. A feature of the current New Deal policy is the encouragement now given to young people to consider becoming self- employed. This article reports the findings of an evaluation of a Prince's Trust sponsored scheme in the Yorkshire and Humber region to facilitate the transition into self-employment and uses these findings to make policy recommendations of relevance to the current operation of the New Deal programme.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Regional Studies.
Volume (Year): 37 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Greene, Francis, 2012. "Should the focus of publicly provided small business assistance be on start-ups or growth businesses?," Occasional Papers 12/2, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Caliendo, Marco & Hogenacker, Jens & Künn, Steffen & Wießner, Frank, 2011.
"Alte Idee, neues Programm: Der Gründungszuschuss als Nachfolger von Überbrückungsgeld und Ich-AG,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6035, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Jens Hogenacker & Steffen Künn & Frank Wießner, 2012. "Alte Idee, neues Programm: Der Gründungszuschuss als Nachfolger von Überbrückungsgeld und Ich-AG," Journal of Labour Market Research, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 99-123, July.
- Caliendo, Marco & Hogenacker, Jens & Künn, Steffen & Wießner, Frank, 2011. "Alte Idee, neues Programm: Der Gründungszuschuss als Nachfolger von Überbrückungsgeld und Ich-AG," IAB Discussion Paper 201124, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Roy Thurik & Jolanda Hessels & José Maria Millán & Rafael Aguado, 2011.
"Determinants of job satisfaction: A European comparison of sel femployed and paid employees,"
Scales Research Reports
H201106, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- José Millán & Jolanda Hessels & Roy Thurik & Rafael Aguado, 2013. "Determinants of job satisfaction: a European comparison of self-employed and paid employees," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 651-670, April.
- Andrew E. Burke & Michael A. Nolan & Felix R. FitzRoy, 2006. "Education and Regional Job Creation by the Self-Employed: The English North-South Divide," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-07, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Baumann, Florian & Brändle, Tobias, 2012. "Self-employment, educational attainment and employment protection legislation," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 846-859.
- Caliendo, Marco & Künn, Steffen & Wießner, Frank, 2012. "Report No. 48: Der Gründungszuschuss in Brandenburg: Eine regionale Analyse," IZA Research Reports 48, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Darja Reuschke, 2011. "Self-Employment and Geographical Mobility in Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 417, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.