Regression-based algorithms for life insurance contracts with surrender guarantees
AbstractWe present a general framework for pricing life insurance contracts embedding a surrender option. The model allows for several sources of risk, such as uncertainty in mortality, interest rates and other financial factors. We describe and compare two numerical schemes based on the Least Squares Monte Carlo method, emphasizing underlying modeling assumptions and computational issues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Quantitative Finance.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boyer, M. Martin & Stentoft, Lars, 2013.
"If we can simulate it, we can insure it: An application to longevity risk management,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 35-45.
- M. Martin Boyer & Lars Peter Stentoft, 2012. "If we can simulate it, we can insure it: An application to longevity risk management," CIRANO Working Papers 2012s-08, CIRANO.
- Biffis, Enrico & Blake, David & Pitotti, Lorenzo & Sun, Ariel, 2011. "The cost of counterparty risk and collateralization in longevity swaps," MPRA Paper 35740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahayni, Antje & Schneider, Judith C., 2012. "Variable annuities and the option to seek risk: Why should you diversify?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2417-2428.
- Bernard, Carole & MacKay, Anne & Muehlbeyer, Max, 2014. "Optimal surrender policy for variable annuity guarantees," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 116-128.
- Christian Hilpert & Jing Li & Alexander Szimayer, 2011. "The Effect of Secondary Markets on Equity-Linked Life Insurance with Surrender Guarantees," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse11_2011, University of Bonn, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.