Three Measures of Corporate Restructuring in a Transition Economy: The Case of Newly Privatised Romanian Companies
AbstractThis article analyses the restructuring of newly privatised Romanian firms by focusing on three microeconomic variables. Changes in the number of personnel, the volume of fixed assets and the level of research and development are analysed in connection with measures of ownership structure and concentration. Overall, the evidence presented suggests that institutional (possibly foreign) outside stakeholders are more likely to foster restructuring and increase the likelihood of survival of newly privatised firms in Eastern Europe.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Post-Communist Economies.
Volume (Year): 13 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CPCE20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schnitzer, Monika, 1999.
"On the Role of Bank Competition for Corporate Finance and Corporate Control in Transition Economies,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19889, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Monika Schnitzer, 1999. "On the Role of Bank Competition for Corporate Finance and Corporate Control in Transition Economies," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 155(1), pages 22-, March.
- Schnitzer, Monika, 1998. "On the Role of Bank Competition for Corporate Finance and Corporate Control in Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 2013, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schnitzer, Monika, 1999. "On the role of bank competition for corporate finance and corporate control in transition economies," Munich Reprints in Economics 19899, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Boycko, Maxim & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1994.
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 249-266, April.
- Maxim Boycko & Andrei Shlelfer & Robert Vishny, 1993. "Voucher Privatization," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 85, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.