Readers' Attitudes Toward Press Advertising: Are They Ad-Lovers or Ad-Averse?
AbstractThis article raises the question of whether press readers are ad- lovers or ad-averse. If readers are ad-lovers, a positive circulation spiral should be expected, through mutual reinforcement between circulation and advertising. On the contrary, advertising aversion may eventually lead to a decrease in circulation when newspapers' advertising space increases. The empirical section of the article concludes that attitudes toward press advertising are country specific. The theoretical section develops some implication of advertising aversion hypothesis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Journal of Media Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/HMEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GABSZEWICZ, Jean J., .
"The media and advertising: a tale of two-sidedmarkets,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1888, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Anderson, Simon P. & Gabszewicz, Jean J., 2006. "The Media and Advertising: A Tale of Two-Sided Markets," Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, Elsevier.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GABSZEWICZ, Jean J., 2005. "The media and advertising : a tale of two-sided markets," CORE Discussion Papers 2005088, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Anderson, Simon P & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold, 2005. "The Media and Advertising: A Tale of Two-Sided Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 5223, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simon P., ANDERSON & Jean J., GABSZEWICZ, 2005. "The media and advertising : a table of two-sided markets," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2005060, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Frank Stähler, 2009.
"Market Shares in Two-Sided Media Industries,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2737, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Frank Stähler, 2010. "Market Shares in Two-Sided Media Industries," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 166(2), pages 205-211, June.
- Susanne Kremhelmer & Hans Zenger, 2004. "Advertising and the Media," Industrial Organization 0403003, EconWPA.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2006. "The dynamics of television advertising with boundedly rational consumers," MPRA Paper 2847, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.