On the Distribution of Likelihood Ratio Test Statistics for Cointegration Rank
AbstractThis paper analyses the likelihood ratio test for the hypothesis of reduced cointegration rank in a Gaussian vector autoregressive model. The usual asymptotic distribution typically gives rather large size distortions. This is explained by the fact that the asymptotic distribution of the likelihood ratio test statistic varies across the parameter space. A much improved distribution approximation can be obtained using local asymptotic theory. The idea is discussed for some low dimensional examples.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Econometric Reviews.
Volume (Year): 23 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/LECR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bent Nielsen & J. James Reade, 2004.
"Simulating Properties of the Likelihood Ratio Test for a Unit Root in an Explosive Second Order Autoregression,"
Economics Series Working Papers
2004-W24, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bent Nielsen & J. James Reade, 2007. "Simulating Properties of the Likelihood Ratio Test for a Unit Root in an Explosive Second-Order Autoregression," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(5), pages 487-501.
- Bent Nielsen & J. James Reade, 2004. "Simulating properties of the likelihood ratio test for a unit root in an explosive second order autoregression," Economics Papers 2004-W24, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Nielsen, Bent, 2010.
"Analysis Of Coexplosive Processes,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(03), pages 882-915, June.
- Tang, Chor-Foon & Lau, Evan, 2011. "The Behaviour of Disaggregated Public Expenditures and Income in Malaysia," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 7(1-2).
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Luca Fanelli & Paolo Paruolo, 2009. "Tests for cointegration rank and choice of the alternative," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 169-191, July.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2005. "Design of vector autoregressive processes for invariant statistics," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0504, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Ahlgren, N. & Antell, J., 2008.
"Bootstrap and fast double bootstrap tests of cointegration rank with financial time series,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 52(10), pages 4754-4767, June.
- Ahlgren, Niklas & Antell, Jan, 2006. "Bootstrap and Fast Double Bootstrap Tests of Cointegration Rank with Financial Time Series," Working Papers 519, Hanken School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.