Extended stay at university: an application of multinomial logit and duration models
AbstractIn Brazil, few studies have been devoted to proving the existence of and evaluating the internal inefficiencies of state universities. Such work, however, is highly important because state higher learning is free and a great amount of resources is involved in its maintenance. The objective of this study is to develop empirical models to permit an evaluation of the factors related to the decision to complete or abandon the course and to verify whether the duration of the connection to the university is also related to the same factors. Among the results obtained, the most important is that the prolonged stay at a state university favours students whose families could afford their schooling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 31 (1999)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Dolores Montoya Diaz, 2005.
"Efetividade No Ensino Superior Brasileiro: Aplicação De Modelos Multinível À Análise Dos Resultados Do Exame Nacional De Cursos,"
Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
156, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Maria Dolores Montoya Diaz, 2007. "Efetividade no Ensino Superior Brasileiro:Aplicação de Modelos Multinível À Análise dos Resultados do Exame Nacional de Cursos," Economia, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 8(1), pages 93â120.
- Glauben, Thomas & Tietje, Hendrik & Weiss, Christoph R., 2004. "Succession in agricultural households: A probit and a competing risk analysis," FE Working Papers 0406, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Food Economics and Consumption Studies.
- Glauben, Thomas & Tietje, Hendrik & Weiss, Christoph R., 2005. "Analysing Family Farm Succession: A Probit and a Competing Risk Approach," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24699, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Glauben, Thomas & Tietje, Hendrik & Weiss, Christoph R., 2004. "Sussession In Agriculture: A Probit And Competing Risk Analysis," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20067, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.