Mixed and pure sharecropping in Nepal: empirical evidence supporting the traditional hypothesis
AbstractWe analyse differences in input and output intensities across three comparative tenure regimes in Nepal, using two test methods: an F-test based on Hotelling's T2 statistic, and a test which adapts Shaban's (1987) methodology to include plot size and crop type. Our results reveal statistically significant differences in the three alternative systems of property rights assignments, which have implications for economic theory and policy relating to tenure systems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aryal, Jeetendra P. & Holden, Stein T., 2011. "Caste, Land and Labor Market Imperfections, and Land Productivity in Rural Nepal," CLTS Working Papers 6/11, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- Aryal, Jeetendra P. & Holden, Stein T., 2011.
"Livestock and Land Share Contracts in a Hindu Society,"
CLTS Working Papers
7/11, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- Jeetendra P. Aryal & Stein T. Holden, 2012. "Livestock and land share contracts in a Hindu society," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(5), pages 593-606, 09.
- Acharya, Ram N., 1999. "The Impact Of Share Tenancy On Resource Allocation: Evidence From Nepal," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21685, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Aryal, Jeetendra P. & Holden, Stein T., 2011. "Caste Discrimination, Land Reforms and Land Market Performance in Nepal," CLTS Working Papers 1/11, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.