Markowitz's Mean-Variance Asset-Liability Management with Regime Switching: A Multi-Period Model
AbstractThis paper considers an optimal portfolio selection problem under Markowitz's mean-variance portfolio selection problem in a multi-period regime-switching model. We assume that there are n + 1 securities in the market. Given an economic state which is modelled by a finite state Markov chain, the return of each security at a fixed time point is a random variable. The return random variables may be different if the economic state is changed even for the same security at the same time point. We start our analysis from the no-liability case, in the spirit of Li and Ng (2000), both the optimal investment strategy and the efficient frontier are derived. Then we add uncontrollable liability into the model. By direct comparison with the no-liability case, the optimal strategy can be derived explicitly.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Mathematical Finance.
Volume (Year): 18 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei, J. & Wong, K.C. & Yam, S.C.P. & Yung, S.P., 2013. "Markowitz’s mean–variance asset–liability management with regime switching: A time-consistent approach," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 281-291.
- Wu, Huiling & Li, Zhongfei, 2012. "Multi-period mean–variance portfolio selection with regime switching and a stochastic cash flow," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 371-384.
- Yao, Haixiang & Lai, Yongzeng & Li, Yong, 2013. "Continuous-time mean–variance asset–liability management with endogenous liabilities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 6-17.
- Qian Zhao & Jiaqin Wei & Rongming Wang, 2013. "Mean-Variance Asset-Liability Management with State-Dependent Risk Aversion," Papers 1304.7882, arXiv.org.
- Xiangyu Cui & Xun Li & Duan Li, 2013. "Unified Framework of Mean-Field Formulations for Optimal Multi-period Mean-Variance Portfolio Selection," Papers 1303.1064, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.