Distributions of patterns of two successes separated by a string of k-2 failures
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Statistical Papers.
Volume (Year): 53 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/statistics/business/journal/362
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kiyoshi Inoue & Sigeo Aki, 2003. "Generalized binomial and negative binomial distributions of orderk by thel-overlapping enumeration scheme," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 153-167, March.
- Frosso Makri & Andreas Philippou, 2005. "On binomial and circular binomial distributions of orderk forl-overlapping success runs of lengthk," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 411-432, July.
- Philippou, Andreas N. & Makri, Frosso S., 1986. "Successes, runs and longest runs," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 211-215, June.
- Philippou, Andreas N. & Georghiou, Costas & Philippou, George N., 1983. "A generalized geometric distribution and some of its properties," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 171-175, June.
- Philippou, Andreas N. & Makri, Frosso S., 1986. "Successes, runs and longest runs," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 101-105, March.
- Ling, K. D., 1989. "A new class of negative binomial distributions of order k," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 371-376, April.
- Qing Han & Sigeo Aki, 1999. "Joint Distributions of Runs in a Sequence of Multi-State Trials," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 419-447, September.
- M. Koutras & V. Alexandrou, 1995. "Runs, scans and URN model distributions: A unified Markov chain approach," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 743-766, December.
- D. Antzoulakos & S. Bersimis & M. Koutras, 2003. "On the distribution of the total number of run lengths," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 55(4), pages 865-884, December.
- Anish Sarkar & Kanwar Sen & Anuradha, 2004. "Waiting time distributions of runs in higher order Markov chains," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 317-349, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.