articles: Regional differences in personal saving rates in Spain
AbstractThe aim of this article is to analyze, from an aggregate perspective, the differences in personal saving rates among the Spanish regions at the NUTS II level from 1986 to 1994. In accordance with the postulates of the life cycle hypothesis, we present the main economic determinants for personal saving rates obtained from an aggregate personal saving model. Correcting for temporal and spatial dependence in the empirical model, the analysis suggests the existence of a significant and negative relationship between aggregate personal saving rates and wealth, access to credit and direct tax burdens. Likewise, a nearly significant positive relationship between personal saving rates and per capita gross disposable personal income has been detected.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Papers in Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 80 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Note: Received: 29 January 1999
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10110/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- R29 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kam, Eric, 2005. "A note on time preference and the Tobin Effect," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 127-132, October.
- Bande, Roberto & Riveiro, Dolores, 2012.
"Private Saving Rates and Macroeconomic Uncertainty: Evidence from Spanish Regional Data,"
42647, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberto Bande & Dolores Riveiro, 2012. "Private Saving Rates and Macroeconomic Uncertainty: Evidence from Spanish Regional Data," Documentos de trabajo - IRENe 0004, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.