A Monte Carlo EM algorithm for the estimation of a logistic auto-logistic model with missing data
AbstractThis paper proposes an algorithm for the estimation of the parameters of a Logistic Auto-logistic Model when some values of the target variable are missing at random but the auxiliary information is known for the same areas. First, we derive a Monte Carlo EM algorithm in the setup of maximum pseudo-likelihood estimation; given the analytical intractability of the conditional expectation of the complete pseudo-likelihood function, we implement the E-step by means of Monte Carlo simulation. Second, we give an example using a simulated dataset. Finally, a comparison with the standard non-missing data case shows that the algorithm gives consistent results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences.
Volume (Year): 1 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/12076
Other versions of this item:
- Marco Bee & Giuseppe Espa, 2008. "A Monte Carlo EM algorithm for the estimation of a logistic auto-logistic model with missing data," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 45-54, April.
- Marco Bee & Giuseppe Espa, 2008. "A Monte Carlo EM Algorithm for the Estimation of a Logistic Auto-logistic Model with Missing Data," Department of Economics Working Papers 0801, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raffaella Calabrese & Johan A. Elkink, 2012. "Estimators of Binary Spatial Autoregressive Models: A Monte Carlo Study," Working Papers 201215, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.