Optimal Chaos, Nonlinearity and Feasibility Conditions
AbstractThis study constructs a class of dynamic models in which optimal paths are generated by nonlinear transition functions similar to a tent map. We provide a sufficient condition under which such a transition function is a chaotic map. This characterization provides a way to construct complex nonlinear dynamics in a broad range of dynamic economic models.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 4 (1994)
Issue (Month): 5 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Orlando Gomes, 2010.
"Consumer confidence, endogenous growth and endogenous cycles,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(4), pages 377-404, September.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007. "Consumer confidence, endogenous growth and endogenous cycles," MPRA Paper 2883, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dawid, Herbert & Kopel, Michael, 1997. "On the Economically Optimal Exploitation of a Renewable Resource: The Case of a Convex Environment and a Convex Return Function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 272-297, October.
- Baierla, Gary & Nishimura, Kazuo & Yano, Makoto, 1998. "The role of capital depreciation in multi-sectoral models," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(3-4), pages 467-479, January.
- Anjan Mukherji, 2003. "Competitive Equilibria: Convergence, Cycles or Chaos," ISER Discussion Paper 0591, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007.
"A two-dimensional non-equilibrium dynamic model,"
4817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Yano, Makoto, 1995. "Durable capital and chaos in competitive business cycles," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 165-181, July.
- Ali Khan, M. & Piazza, Adriana, 2011. "Optimal cyclicity and chaos in the 2-sector RSS model: An anything-goes construction," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 397-417.
- Orlando Gomes, 2006. "Local Bifurcations and Global Dynamics in a Solow-type Endogenous Business Cycles Model," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 7(1), pages 91-127, May.
- Mitra, Tapan & Nishimura, Kazuo, 2001. "Discounting and Long-Run Behavior: Global Bifurcation Analysis of a Family of Dynamical Systems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-2), pages 256-293, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.