Continuous Choice Functions and the Strong Axiom of Revealed Preference
AbstractIn this note, it is shown that a result due to Uzawa showing that the weak axiom of revealed preference together with a regularity condition implies the strong axiom of revealed preference can be derived from the regularity condition alone, if the choice function is continuous in prices and in income. The observation that the weak axiom of revealed preference is not needed suggests that this regularity condition is remarkably strong. The main result of the paper is quite general in the sense that the only additional assumption on the choice function is that the whole budget be spent.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 3 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bossert, Walter, 1996.
"The Kaldor compensation test and rational choice,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 265-276, February.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Arthur Lewbel & Frederic Vermeulen, 2012.
"Sharing Rule Identification for General Collective Consumption Models,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
809, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Jul 2013.
- Cherchye, L.J.H. & Rock, B. de & Lewbel, A. & Vermeulen, F.M.P., 2012. "Sharing Rule Identification for General Collective Consumption Models," Discussion Paper 2012-041, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Cherchye, Laurens & De Rock, Bram & Lewbel, Arthur & Vermeulen, Frederic, 2012. "Sharing Rule Identification for General Collective Consumption Models," IZA Discussion Papers 6571, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Laurens CHERCHYE & Bram DE ROCK & Arthur LEWBEL & Frederic VERMEULEN, 2012. "Sharing rule identification for general collective consumption models," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces12.05, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Charles Blackorby, & Walter Bossert & David Donaldson,, .
"Rationalizable Solutions to Pure Population Problems,"
97/12, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Walter Bossert & David Donaldson & Charles Blackorby, 1999. "Rationalizable solutions to pure population problems," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 395-407.
- Blackorby, C. & Bossert, W. & Donaldson, D., 1993.
"Multi-Valued Demand and Rational Choice in the two- Commodity Case,"
9309, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics.
- Blackorby, Charles & Bossert, Walter & Donaldson, David, 1995. "Multi-valued demand and rational choice in the two-commodity case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 5-10, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.